Sunday 18 October 2020

#CTC290 CASE the Colours of Plaid Tidings DSP

CASE the Colours of Plaid Tidings DSP: Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Bumblebee, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Cinnamon Cider, Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, Misty Moonlight, Pretty Peacock, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Seaside Spray, Shaded Spruce, Whisper White - that's a lot of colour, but don't worry, you don’t have to use them all!


I've managed to use nine I think. I've diecut using the Well Written Dies, Shaded Spruce leaves, Melon Mambo and Blackberry Bliss flowers, Bumblebee & Pumpkin Pie butterflies and a Misty Moonlight bird. Behind each flower is a tiny square of Bumblebee cardstock. And for the butterflies I've swapped the negative pieces. I've adhered them all to a top layer of Crumb Cake which was embossed with the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder and matted onto Whisper White cardstock.

I've used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach this layer to my base card of Mango Melody. The greeting is from Peaceful Moments using Blackberry Bliss ink onto Bumblebee cardstock and punched with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. To help it to pop a little I've used the Rectangular Postage Stamp punch and Whisper White cardstock to pop behind my greeting then adhered it to the top layer. I've added some of the Flowers for Every Season gems and finished by splashing around some Wink of Stella.


As you can see, what I should have been doing was mowing the lawns, but they'll still be there tomorrow! Here's the Wink of Stella picture:


There's such a range of colours to pick from this week, hopefully you'll be inspired to play along. Make your card and post the picture to our Facebook page by next Sunday evening using the link over on the right.

Please continue on the hop to visit Julia and her gorgeous scrapbook page:

4 comments:

  1. The way you've recessed all the elements is amazing and totally gorgeous!! And the sparkle from the stella is glorious!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your recessed butterflies, what a great idea! You can never go wrong with a bit of Stella on a project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use so many of the colours in one card. Great job. The wink of Stella gives that extra sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very sweet, Sandra and I'm sure it is very sparkly IRL.

    ReplyDelete