Tuesday 14 May 2019

Kelly's Stamping Friends - Birthday Blog Hop


Back for another year of celebrating the birthday of my lovely Western Australia stamping friend - Kelly Kent and her Birthday Blog Hop!  Happy Birthday for tomorrow Kelly - hope you have a wonderful day x.

For my card I decided to break out some of my new catalogue goodies! 

I've used the large flower from Floral Essence to stamp my own background, masking as required and using Flirty Flamingo ink. I've made a banner of Whisper White and cut the top edge with the Stitched Rectangles for my faux stitching. I've then added a greeting from Forever Lovely - a great flowing font, again in Memento Black to tie in with the critter and mat. 

I'm really going to miss the cute puppies (Bella and Friends) and kittens (Pretty Kitty), so when I saw Over the Moon I knew it would have to fill the void! I've stamped Ms Cow in Black Memento ink, coloured with Stampin' Blends, then fussy cut her out. She has been popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals with added bling being a few metallic sequins and some Wink of Stella on the flower. (After referring to her, I am now wondering as it doesn't have an udder like one of the other images?? - oh well, never mind!)



Such fun images and greetings in this set.



I fell for this lovely sketched flower image when first introduced to it at Onstage with one of our make and takes. I chose to fussy cut mine and mat the DSP with Whisper, White, but this is roughly what we all went home with. There are four different flower images and the next one used here has three petals and a matching punch, so you punch two and layer them. Check out those fluffy little flower centres, and the coloured vellum. Hope you enjoy these little sneak peeks while you wait to get your hands on the new catalogue.


Thanks for stopping by, please continue on your journey to visit Sharon:



Participant List:

1 Kelly Kent 
2 Shannon Kissane 
3 Tina Gillespie 
4 Monique Fielder 
5 Leonie Stuart 
6 Michelle Strazds 
7 Mandy Depiazzi 
8 Rochelle Blok 
9 Narelle Simm 
10 Catherine Creer 
11 Lou Kitzelman 
12 Sandra Collett 
13 Sharon Dalton 
14 Denise Buetler 
15 Siobhan Fitzsimmons 
16 Jan McQueen 
17 Cathy Pinchbeck 
18 Richelle Fletcher 
19 Melissa Gifford 
20 Rachael Lewsley 
21 Nicole Wilson 
22 Julia Quinn 
23 Sheila Pybus 
24 Leonie Schroder

31 comments:

  1. Oh I really love this card, Sandra! I seem to have overlooked this set - must have another look at the catty lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. Easy to overlook with so many new things to spot!

      Delete
  2. Two fun cards Sandra! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I udderly love your cards Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha Sheila... looks like you've started the puns

      Delete
  4. That little cow is so cute, I think he might just mooo-ve into my craft stash :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo should Monique- look forward to seeing how you use it:)

      Delete
  5. Two gorgeous cards Sandra! Your cow is awesome on his custom DSP. I tend to refer to most things as his/him (even Alexa's favourite pink & white sheep toy!). Thanks for being part of my birthday celebrations! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! So pleased to join you again this year x

      Delete
  6. How udderly delightful! (sorry) I love the bovine character but I especially love that stamped background, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to make an udder pun but I won't milk it any further.... anyway, loving the cow card and the flower card is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutest cow ever! Great cards Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a moovellous card. Love the flowers paired with the sold coloured image. Very clever contrast! So cute and happy and just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are fabulous Sandra! Your cow is so cute amongst the floral background and I love the vellum stamped flowers over the pretty DSP - so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet is this little cow! I too will miss Bella and Friends and Pretty Kitty but this little cow is so cute. Loving both your cards Sandra especially those vellum flowers! Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love the background and the super cute cow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that cow is stinkin cute ... what a lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how gorgeous! I love the masked, stamped background. It is so effective and the perfect backdrop for this cute fellow. x

    ReplyDelete