01 09 10

Thursday, 22 June 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC133 Love and Sympathy

Two posts in one day, but don't get used to it!  This time, I'm CASEing page 89. Notice the little tips throughout the catalogue? There are loads of them, go have a hunt and see how helpful they are to you.

I've chosen to use the daisy from Daisy Delight and the greeting from the same set. Very Vanilla and Copper look sooo good together.  I've based my layout on the card but chose to stay with the copper theme, and used the layering squares to cut the scallops from Copper Foil for my mat.  I raised the greeting and popped some Copper metallic thread behind.  So effective, and yet so simple.  One little tip, as the daisy image needs to be stamped twice, if you stamp into the Versamark and then into an ink pad, you can see where the image is to line up the next stamp - ask me how I know it can be very hard to see versamark before the embossing powder is added!!

Below is a photo with a light turned on to show how the embossing and copper really pop

Sorry - Forgot to Share...

As I sit down to write my latest post, I realise I forgot to share the last project with you I entered in the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge #CTC132...

My case is of Page 76, I made a little note card to fit inside the Mini Treat Bag which I used the Wood Texture DSP for - loved the look. On the inside back I used some of the Color Theory crackly paper in the Berry Burst, and some acetate over the circle shape so the card didn't snag on the greeting. The card and envelope have been decorated with the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamps, and It's Your Day is from the same set, which I embossed in white to stand out on the wood grain. I cut two Happy Birthday images from Lemon Lime Twist and glued them together. Another image from Berry Burst was glued to the card first, then I popped the card inside the envelope and lined up the image on the front so it hid the card message. Some linen thread to finish and stay with the rustic theme.

Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Baby Themed International Blog Highlight

Doesn't seem a month since I last got to play along with the other blog highlight entrants where the top ten voted get invited onto a blog hop.  The theme is "Baby' and I've tried to keep it simple, but steer slightly away from the normal pastel colours associated.  All things being equal, I created a Tempting Turquoise for the boys, and Melon Mambo for the girls.

This cute little image is one stamp from Moon Baby. I've chosen to water-colour in the same shades as the mats and add a little Daffodil Delight to the stars, another stamp from the same set (I used the trio stamp although there is also a single star). The little lamb has a Wink of Stella tummy and the background stars have all been Wink'ed too...see further below for a close up. Both mats have been elevated with Stampin' Dimensionals with a little silver metallic thread behind the top mat.  If you like what you see - I'm #31

Close up to show the sparkle:

Thursday, 8 June 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC131 Everyday Occasions

Oooh, the Facebook 'CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge' Group are looking for new crew members.  Keep coming back to check out my June efforts in applying to join their Design Team!

We can choose to CASE directly, or be inspired by a sketch,/layout, colour combination or embellishment.  My inspiration came from the layout on page 66 - "Stepping it Up". What differences can you spot?

Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Kelly's Stamping Friends - Blog Hop

I am delighted to be part of this blog hop created by the lovely Kelly Kent to celebrate her 5 years of being with Stampin' Up!. I first met Kelly when we shared a Demonstrator Booth at the Stampin' Up Convention, Gold Coast 2015 and she has been inspiring me ever since. It seemed appropriate that she offered up the theme of 'Happy' - firstly because that's just what Kelly always appears to be; and secondly, because of the excitement building with the new catalogue kicking off tomorrow!.

I've combined a few things that make me happy; Colour, Butterflies and Nature.  The Butterfly Basics set called out to fill the brief. 

I used the background stamp and Sweet Sugarplum on the Fluttering TIEF to create the background.  I then used the small butterfly and Daffodil Delight to pop some colour onto the bigger embossed areas. Next I tore down an edge of vellum and randomly stamped the fern and leaf images over it in Garden Green before adhering to the embossed Whisper White. Twine was wound round and finished with a double twine bow, matted with Daffodil Delight and mounted onto a Basic Black base. I stamped three flower images onto Whisper White and coloured with markers and an aqua brush - then lots of fussy cutting. I kept with the gardening rule of odd numbers for the flowers, and popped dimensionals under each before attaching to the vellum.  

The greeting was stamped in Basic Black then again with Daffodil Delight, slightly offset. It was then cut with the Stitched Shapes circle, and mounted onto a Sweet Sugarplum Layering Circle. Butterfly of Daffodil Delight layered with a strip of Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon, Linen thread, a smaller Garden Green butterfly and a vellum butterfly stamped with Daffodil Delight. To hold them together I did some hand stitching with linen thread. Wink of Stella provides the sparkle and Daffodil Delight enamel heart the finishing touch. .

Of course, I needed balance on the inside, so replicated the mat, then stamped and coloured the flower image. Being a finished size of 6" square, I have also created an envelope from a retired DSP, with the same stamped and coloured image. This card is going to another lovely lady - my amazing mother, who will soon mark the 2nd anniversary of Dad's passing - love you Mum xx

Thanks for stopping by, now hop over and check out what Cheryl O'Bree has come up with