Tuesday 20 September 2016

Sweet Sixteen Pop Up Twist Card

Decided to make a card for my daughter's friend - and you know it's a hit when she thanks me and claims it! As I usually get the story about how they don't give each other cards - (sigh, hard for me to handle when it's what I do!!), I was making it from me, however looks like I'll have to do another one now.

The paper I used is retired and called It's My Party.  With the recent update to the Clearance Rack you can find this at a crazy price (only available within NZ) while stocks last. The cover is using the Large Numbers Framelits and Number of Years stamp.  So far, fairly unassuming, but when you open it up...



It is a little hard to fathom from the photo, but the inside pops up and opens like a little book. I have seen a trend in these cards lately and they do pack a bit of a WOW. I think you'll be seeing me make more before too long. There are a number of tutorials on You Tube and I looked at a couple and then did a bit of tweaking, so I'm sorry I haven't got a particular credit, and the ones I did follow credited someone else as well, so please accept that this is a combined effort.  

The card base is Basic Black. I have used retired Party Pants set on the balloons.  The little bird is from Birds & Blooms Thinlits.  The Happy Birthday is from Confetti Celebration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment