Wednesday 27 November 2019

#Onstage2019 - Country Club Suite Part 2

Thanks for popping back for the next of my #Onstage2019 Perth, WA summary posts.

This time, I definitely went with a card that takes a little more patience. It is called the Floating Frame technique and there are loads of tutorials online if you need more detail. I've created a background mainly using the image of the golf ball on the tee, colouring with the same Stampin' marker direct to rubber and choosing bold colours of Real Red, Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight. I've also diecut these colours using the 'tee' from the Golf Club dies.

Here's a tip, the 1" Circle punch, will cut the golf ball off the design so you don't have to have the tee and grass if you don't want. Some of my design used that idea, but you can't really tell. I've used the Glad Press n Seal to hold my design in place, diecut with the Stitched Rectangle dies. Stampin' Dimensionals were added to the back and all was adhered in place. In the gaps I've diecut some of the little mini embossed Golf balls from the same dies and used them to fill in my gaps. I've also used Silver Foil to die cut the Golf Clubs on the left. These dies are the cutest! 

I've heat embossed greetings for both cards with the Happy Birthday from Clubhouse in Black embossing powder, and the banner is also in the Golf Club dies to cut it out with.

The card on the right uses the inside of the frame and I've matted it with another Stitched Rectangle diecut from Whisper White. Again, filling the blanks with those little golfballs.



On the insides - the same image, but without being diecut:

My next project was a pop up box card which I haven't made in a while, but should do more often as it was a lot of fun.

My base is Garden Green and I've added Country Club DSP to the panels, there's a bit of everything here; Stamping, Colouring with Stampin' Blends, Fussy Cutting, Diecutting,


The only thing is they can be a bit tricky to photograph, so this just shows the other side:


And the back is where I would usually write my greeting, so it is fairly plain, just a stamp and some of the images diecut from one of the Country Club DSP sheets.


These cards are made using the Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper - it is just gorgeous to use, and Pigment Sprinkles. The card on the left was made by spritzing both sides with water and then tapping on some of the sprinkles. Then I've spritzed some more and left the colour to blend itself. When dry I've stamped the golfer image with Memento Black ink. The base is Basic Black, with a mat of Whisper White.  Greeting from Well Written dies in Basic Black.

The card on the right I spritzed on the back and then only wet up to half way before adding pigment sprinkles. I then dried it with my heat gun and applied colour to the top. I actually rinsed this off and redid it so many times as I wanted to get a sky blue shade. You will not believe how tolerant this watercolor paper is! I literally ran it under the tap at one stage and it didn't lose any of its strength. 100% cotton paper! Amazing! Both these cards were made from one sheet of Watercolor paper by the way.Again, when I achieved my desired colour, it was left to dry and the golfer was stamped with Memento Black ink. Same greeting from Well Written dies.


Today's photo is another one of the lovely CASEing the Catty team members, Kathryn. Unfortunately we weren't that organised and although there were other team members in Perth - we didn't manage to get a photo of us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment