Tuesday 26 November 2019

#Onstage2019 Country Club Suite - Part 1

Hi everyone

As promised, I'm going to show you the samples I presented in Perth at the Stampin' Up! Onstage Local event held on 16 November 2019.

I was delighted to present the Country Club suite - perfect for the golfers in your life!


There are 8 Cling Mounts stamps in the Clubhouse stamp set that coordinate with a set of 14 Golf Club dies, 6 of which have an embossed element to them.

The DSP has a plaid or argyle pattern on one side and golfing images on the reverse. the white one at the end is actually 12 line art images which you can trim to 4" x 3" and colour with your favourite medium. The coordinating colours are Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Poppy Parade and Whisper White.

There are also a set of 3 sheets of wooden elements, a twine combo pack and a 3D Embossing folder - Absolutely Argyle.

My presentation involving some 'live' stamping was based around:

The Beginner Stamper - (stamps, ink and paper) with, in my case, some stress relief via colouring with watercolour pencils, and if desired using an aqua painter

The Casual Stamper - a little more than the beginner but not necessarily a lot of equipment - here I used the Stampin' Markers direct to the rubber stamp to achieve the colour, adding a little DSP and using a punch for the inside greeting, with a little more DSP

The Avid Stamper - they tend to have a lot more equipment. I've used the Garden Green ink pad to swipe my Absolutely Argyle Embossing folder with before embossing the Crushed Curry cardstock. I've coloured the same image used in the other cards with Stampin' Blends and die cut the shape, along with a few other pieces. The shield has been turned sideways to become my putting green and a wooden flag embellishment also coloured with Stampin' Blends was added. The greeting has been heat embossed with Black powder. On the inside I've used Stitched Rectangles to diecut the greeting to show how easily this set coordinates with supplies you may already own if you are the avid crafter, teamed up with some of the embossed diecuts from the set.


 Inside the Casual card 


 Inside the Avid card


I then proceeded to show some samples I had made with the items in the suite. I started with my Polo Shirt card. Originally I had wanted to make my card the shape of a polo shirt, but didn't like any of the designs I came up with and decided to zoom in on a photo of a shirt, and this is my take on it using Night of Navy cardstock, Country Club DSP and some of the round Country Club wooden elements as buttons. 

I covered the entire front with an argyle design from the DSP. Next I've embossed a couple of pieces of cardstock with Corrugated 3D EF for my collar along with a Stitched Rectangle for the placket a Layering Oval piece to become the top of the shirt. I painted button holes on with my Basic Black Stampin' Blend. I've dipped the buttons into Balmy Blue ink and added a layer of fine tip glue, but decided I didn't like the shine so wiped them off again before the glue set which took a bit of the ink away and I quite liked the look. My 'logo' is fussy cut from another sheet of DSP.


My next card was to show this suite is not just for the male golfers in your life. This is one of the images from the sheet of DSP cut to 4" x 3" and coloured with Stampin Blends. I have a base of Basic Black cardstock and a mat of Poppy Parade embossed with the 3D Absolutely Argyle EF. I've split the Basic Black twine and used only 3 strands with a bow added. I have a 4" x 3" mat of Basic Black angled with my picture adhered over the top. I've stamped the greeting and die cut with the embossed golf ball. Next was a coloured wooden element with Poppy Parade blends. I've stamped a greeting from Well Said in Poppy Parade and trimmed it to add to the wood. It now reads "You're the Best Thing About Today By Par". My final addition was a little wooden tee coloured with a Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend.


Here's a little sneak peek of what's to come in the next couple of days - along with a rare picture of me!

2 comments: