Thursday 14 May 2020

Daisy Inspiration

As you may know, I often blog with being a member of the CASEing the Catty Design Crew and we recently had the challenge of using our favourite retiring bundle. I had a few extra projects so decided I'd share them today. 

We all enjoy a  discount, so don't look past the Daisy Lane stamp set bundled with the Medium Daisy Punch (pg 23 of the annual catalogue) until the end of the month. I have used this for several projects and I never get sick of it.


I've intentionally left two cards blank and when the occasion to use them arises, I will add my greeting. The other is a sympathy card. The cards have a thick Whisper White base and a mat of Old Olive.

I've used a top layer of Petal Pink embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. Three Stitched Shapes squares have been stamped with the stem from Daisy Lane in Old Olive ink and layered over each other. The daisies have two layers and have been stamped by inking with Mango Melody ink and sponging Poppy Parade ink around the edges then stamping onto Whisper White card. Each adhered with a Stampin' Dimensional.


This card has a Whisper White piece of cardstock embossed with the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder which had been wiped with the Old Olive ink pad. I've cut a rectangle frame using the Rectangle Stitched dies and adhered the frame using Stampin' Dimensionals. The daisies are inked with Rococo Rose ink onto Whisper White and adhered in the corner. Two Leaf punch shapes have been roughed up a bit and stuck behind the flowers.


This card has a panel of Purple Posy which has been diecut with the Stitched Labels die that leaves a cut pattern. The greeting from Peaceful Moments was stamped with Old Olive ink. I've added a Stitched Nested Labels frame cut from Seaside Spray cardstock. The daisies have been inked with Versamark and then Purple Posy ink, covered with Clear embossing powder before being heat embossed (you can use this technique to achieve any colour embossing). One daisy has been trimmed to look more like a cone flower with the spare bit attached behind so it looks like the other daisies. Again the use of Old Olive Leaf punched shapes to finish.


It is hard to capture the embossing but I will show you a larger version to see if that helps


Thanks for checking out my post - I hope you are inspired to grab this bundle using the Shop Now button above, and if you already have this - maybe you've now got some new ideas to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment