Sunday 3 May 2020

#CTC269 Favourite Retiring Bundle Week 1


CASE your favourite Retiring Bundle from either catalogue:


I've chosen the bundle of Daisy Lane stamp set and Medium Daisy punch on page 23. Don't panic - they are sticking around, just not as a bundle.

My daisies have been white embossed onto vellum and punched out, with two daisy shapes for each flower stuck together and then the centres were coloured with a Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend. 

The base is Night of Navy. I have a mat of crumb cake which was embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing folder and added to another mat of Whisper White.  The daisies have been adhered to a Seaside Spray die cut with a Stitched Nested Label die. The greeting stamped in Night of Navy is from the retiring Love What You Do stamp set. The daisies have been gently shaped with a bone folder and attached using Stampin' Dimensionals. 


I unfortunately need to send some sympathy cards and created this one with the same bundle. Onto a base of thick Whisper White I've added a mat of Old Olive embossed with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder. A Whisper White die cut with the same Stitched Nested Label die as above has been stamped with the leaf image from Daisy Lane in Old Olive. I've inked the daisy stamp with Mango Melody ink and sponged the edge and centre with Poppy Parade ink before stamping it onto Whisper White cardstock, then punched it out. I cut a bit of a cone shape as I cut the flower into two then trimmed off a petal adhering this piece behind the first one.

My greeting is from the retiring Kindness and Compassion stamp set. As I didn't want to hide the leaves of the flower, I stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White, and then over the top of the stamped image, lining the greetings up and adhering together. The daisy has again been adhered with a Stampin' Dimensional.


We wonder what your favourite retiring bundle is? Make a card and add it to our Facebook page using the link over on the right so we can see what you chose. 

Time for you to continue on your way to Tina's stunning creation:

6 comments:

  1. The vellum daisies are just glorious! I love the way you've cut the daisy in half too. Both these cards are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thank you card is so calming. I love the vellum daisies. The sympathy card is lovely too. A shame you had to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Sandra. The Vellum daisies look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daisies are just stunning, Sandra. I have never even thought about making them from vellum but I HAVE to try it now - thank you!! Sympathy cards are so difficult to make but yours is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Sandra, the embossed vellum daisies look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the classic elegance of the white embossing on vellum. 2 lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete