Sunday 29 November 2020

#CTC296 Step Up a Mini Catalogue Project

#CTC296 Step Up a Mini Catalogue Project.


I've chosen the card on the left of Pg 28:


I've started with a basic card using stamps, ink and paper along with a punch... relatively #simplestamping. I've chosen Prized Peony for the images and Beautiful Friendship for the greeting. Each card has a 3" wide strip of Peony Garden DSP added to the right hand side.To ensure all my images looked the same, I've punched blanks using the Rectangular Postage Stamp punch and Whisper White cardstock. On the Stamparatus plate I've placed a piece of card with the negative remaining and secured it with the magnets then inserted each 'blank' in with the stamp of choice using Gray Granite ink.


Next I've stepped it up with a touch of colouring using Petal Pink and Light Daffodil Stampin' Blends but only colouring the shaded area and not the whole flower. A piece of Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon under the greeting and some Flowers for All Seasons gems


My next step up I've coloured all of the flower image with the same colour Stampin' Blends. I've added a strip of Forever Gold Specialty DSP along the edge of the Peony Garden DSP, and a small piece of foliage in the centre under the greeting. Each image has been embossed using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. The Organdy ribbon has been folded and stuck to the back of each embossed shape before being added in place using Stampin' Dimensionals. The same Flowers for All Seasons gems to finish.


This picture shows the a bit more of the detail:


And here you can see the transition from simple to more detailed:


We'd love to see your take on the Challenge. It doesn't have to be three cards, you could just pick a card from the mini catalogue and step it up! Add it to our Facebook page using the link over on the right before next Sunday evening.

Next up let's visit Michelle and her pretty trio of cards:

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards! I love the touches of gold on the final card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all amazing. And I love the gold touches too. The postage stamp works brilliantly with these images. It's all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the postage stamp punch. Think I might need to CASE your CASE this week Sandra. The progression from beginner to avid through the cards is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great trio of cards. I love the subtle colouring to only parts of the flower in your second card but your third card is a stand out. I absolutely love the gold strip you’ve added and all of the elements just help the images lift off the card.

    ReplyDelete