Sunday 19 April 2020

#CTC267 Ornate Garden Week 2


This fortnight we are CASEing the Ornate Garden suite for #CTC267 and have been instructed to use the flowers as inspiration:

The card at the top (which was from a video on the Stampin' Up!) website inspired me:



I've used a base of thick Whisper White. My mat layer is a full card size front of Perennial Essence DSP. I've embossed with the Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder and gently sanded the top of the embossing to show the white core:


I've cut three Stitched Nested Labels die shapes from Soft Sea Foam cardstock and stamped the flower stalk from Daisy Lane in Pretty Peacock onto each shape then adhered them to the embossed layer. My daisies are Petal Pink ink onto Whisper White card stock, stamped twice for each flower and cut with the Medium Daisy Punch. I've coloured the centres with the Light Mango Melody Stampin' Blend and adhered using a Stampin' Dimensional. The centres have been filled with Shimmery Crystal Effects. 

The greeting from Varied Vases was stamped onto Whisper White using Pretty Peacock ink. My banner is a scrap of Soft Sea Foam which is rubbed with my bone folder to break the fibres on the cardstock and peeled the layers apart. I then rolled each end in opposite directions and stuck the greeting to it, raising it all with Stampin' Dimensionals. I felt it was all a little bit too neat and same-same,so I quickly added a Honey Bee stamped with Pretty Peacock and diecut with the Detailed Bees dies.


This angle may make the banner make more sense:


Trusting this finds you and your family bubbles safe and well. We would love you to play along with the crew this week. Just use the link over on the right to add your photo to our Facebook page. Next up please visit our lovely Kathryn and her beautiful pastel cards:

3 comments:

  1. Sanding the embossed paper is just stunning. I love your card, and this plan for using these gorgeous daisies in another way. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sandra, I love the sanding on the background DSP and the rolled ends behind the sentiment look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I love the look you have created with the DSP from embossing and sanding it.

    ReplyDelete