Sunday 12 April 2020

#CTC267 Ornate Garden Week 1


This fortnight we are CASEing the Ornate Garden suite for #CTC267 and have been instructed to use the flowers as inspiration:

I really liked the card on the bottom left above and went with pretty much the exact layout, switching out the ingredients - the open image of the flowers being my inspiration..

I've used Highland Heather for my base card and mat which was embossed with the Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder. I've stamped the Good Morning Magnolia image in Soft Suede onto Whisper White and cut the panel into 3 then adhered it to the top mat.  I've stamped the greeting from Varied Vases in Highland Heather onto Whisper White. Next I adhered some retired Daffodil Delight double stitched ribbon and Daffodil Delight diecut shapes using the Lovely Flowers dies behind the greeting, popping the whole group up on Stampin' Dimensionals.


Once I finally decided what I was doing, this card came together very quickly. A great way to use up some of the 'little leftovers' we pop aside so I think I'll be using this idea again.

Our next crew member has chosen the same card to CASE, so please pop over and check out Monique's gorgeous creation:

7 comments:

  1. Oh this looks fabulous with the large magnolia! What a beautiful card! Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful flower to use for this sketch, looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sandra, the magnolia works perfectly with this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The magnolia looks beautiful on the split panels. Purple and yellow is such a happy colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your little collection of bits and bobs under the banner- isn;t it a nice feeling when you can use them all up! looks like a very handy cad layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great case and a great choice in the magnolia image stamp. It works well with the large image being split up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! I love the flowers behind the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete