Sunday 25 November 2018

#CTC205 - Birthday Card with a Christmas Twist


CASEing a Birthday Card and giving it a Christmas Twist this week:


I've stopped in at page 136 of the annual catalogue and the picture on the far right:


I think I passed over this before, as the colour combination didn't call out to me.  However, I thought giving it a Christmas Twist could be fun, so I did:


I enjoyed using the Santa's Workshop suite last week and decided to go back to it again. The star of the show is the Santa's Workshop Specialty DSP. I have been holding off cutting into that lush white velvet textured diagonal paper, but finally made the move, and to make it stand out a little more, I added a mat of Basic Black. I've then cut the frame from another of the sheets which had scallops and a velvet dot, and made it a faux ribbon (as was used in the cased card). 


I set up my Stamparatus with the large circle image from Swirly Frames on page 137. I've diecut the same size from Layering Circles framelits, and popped them into the negative in my Stamparatus then stamped in Black Memento then The DSP figures (other than the one above which I diecut using Santa's Signpost Framelits) were fussy cut and added to the same negative in my Stamparatus, and then they were lined up and adhered.  I decided not to trim them to the circle shape as then I could keep the whole of the image and not lose any little feet!



I liked the heat embossed image in the original, and have recreated that with Black embossing powder on Poppy Parade cardstock with the greeting from Half Full, banner cut and popped onto the card to finish. The image and greeting are raised up on Stampin' Dimensionals.

As you can see, it was hard to stop at one, and once my Stamparatus was set up, this was so easy to recreate. This could be a great project for anyone taking part in the Sending Love project Stampin' Up! are behind here in NZ. I'll be having an open house in Cromwell on 4 December for those in the area to pop in and make or fill in a card to be sent to someone who may be lonely this Christmas.  I hope this brings them cheer. Here they all are together:


Why don't you play along, we have lots of new members recently and we'd love to see more of you making a card for the Challenge and posting by next Sunday evening - just add to our Facebook page with the link over on the right.  Now it's time to hop over and see what Liz has created this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment