Sunday 26 August 2018

#CTC193 - Graceful Glass


Join the design crew this week as we CASE from pages 164-179 (add your creation to our Facebook page with the link over on the right).


The card on page 171 caught my attention and I although I didn't have that stamp, liked the arrangement of the apples, so will be casing the layout:


I've chosen the flower stamp from Oh So Eclectic for the similar distorted colouring as the apples. I've then layered the matching die cut from the Eclectic Layers Thinlits over each of the flowers - my colour choice being Grapefruit Grove, Gorgeous Grape and Mint Macaron. I used the Early Espresso that the apple top was stamped with as the colour for the centre of my flowers, there is a die that cuts that shape perfectly to pop under the top layer of the flower and I carried that colour through for a more striking background mat which I layered onto a thick Whisper White base. The top layer was embossed using the 3D Dynamic Hexagons TIEF. The greeting is from Perennial Birthday and stamped in Mint Macaron, die cut with Layered Circles matted with an Early Espresso scallop from the same die set. All elements have been added to the card with dimensionals. (I would have liked the circle to be just a little smaller but felt it was going to be too close to the greeting, so it is as it is)

Funny enough, as I was writing my post it reminded me of another card I'd made. When I looked it up, it was my very first time joining the amazing ladies on the design crew - and it used a similar layout as well as these co-ordinating stamp and dies - here


That's it from me - now let's head over and check out Judy's inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment