Sunday 19 August 2018

#CTC192 - Tranquil Textures


Time to head over to pages 154-163 of the catalogue for this week's blog hop:


I've landed at page 163 and am CASEing the bottom right card:


This technique is one I used to make a couple cards for the demonstrator booth at Gold Coast Convention back in 2015. (You can view the cards here and here). As per the tip typed onto the photo in the catalogue - the technique is embossing with more than one colour embossing powder to "create a unique embossed look".

I've chosen Very Vanilla cardstock with a frame of Copper foil. The stamped images are from Petal Palette. I've used Granny Apple Green stamped off for the foliage and fully inked for the greeting. I versamarked the rose image directly over the foliage and the bird onto a separate piece of cardstock. I started with copper embossing powder, then tipped that off and applied black embossing powder over the rest of the image before heat setting. As I still had my colour spritzer I used this with a crumb cake marker for a very light splatter over the whole area. I have then used the new Corrugated Dynamic TIEF with the foil frame angled in it - (it does become a little fragile, so treat it with care). I glued that down and then popped the greeting banner onto dimensionals with copper metallic thread in lieu of the copper ribbon, and added the little bird last. 



Feel free to play along and add your picture to our Facebook page with the link over on the right. Let's head on over now though, and see what Mel has been up to this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment