Sunday 2 September 2018

#CTC194 - All is Bright


This week we head to pages 4-11 of the new Holiday Catalogue which you can start ordering from on September 5. 


I've sort of CASEd two of the cards on page 6 and merged them into one. Can't believe I'm making Christmas cards already!


The stamp set is Making Christmas Bright and has a co-ordinating Christmas Bulb Builder Punch which you can bundle together to save 10%. I've used Thick Whisper White for my card base, layered with Blueberry Bushel. The string of lights was stamped twice at different angles in Black Memento Ink and I used Stampin' Markers to colour them randomly. On spare whisper white I stamped the whole bulb image in Blueberry Bushel, Call Me Clover and Pineapple Punch, punched them out and placed them up to the string. The fitting part was stamped in Gray Granite, punched and adhered over the top. 

I've added the words in Blueberry Bushel for the top first and then Pineapple Punch, two separate stamps so plenty of options for placement or colouring. I finished off using the little glow stamp with Pineapple Punch around the end of each of the large bulbs - a fun way to make it look like the lights have been turned on.

For your info, if you haven't seen it in the catalogue, there is also another set that co-ordinates with this punch (not available as a bundle though), called Making Every Day Bright. 


I love the haphazard look to these lights and I'm sure you can relate to that dread of opening the decorations each year to see what kind of party the lights have had while in storage and the untangling that follows. 

Hope you feel inspired to play along using the link over on the right. Meanwhile, let's pop over and see what the lovely Angela selected for us:

No comments:

Post a Comment