Sunday 4 September 2022

#CTC385 CASE a Glitter Project



CASE a Glitter Project


The card on the bottom of Page 33 of the Jul-Dec Mini Catalogue called out to me for this one:


I've started by die-cutting circles using the Beautiful Shapes Dies from Texture Chic Specialty DSP and Gold & Rose Metallic Specialty Paper. 

I chose my background of Abigail Rose DSP and added a panel to a base of Thick Very Vanilla cardstock. Before adhering the Abigail Rose panel to the base I added the outside group of circles. I didn't want raised joins, and to get around that I chomped again using the same size circle die where required then butted each die cut up to the other when adhering. Once the outer circles were in place, I trimmed them and added the mat to the base card.

I then filled the inside layers given my card was a standard size and the one I cased was a slimmer card. To get around the big gap that may have been left,  I cut a larger circle from Evening Evergreen cardstock and popped the greeting from Peaceful Moments onto that. I am on a mission to use up some of my ribbon stash and for this I used a (retired) Daffodil Delight sheer ribbon behind the greeting, which was then popped onto the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.


As you can see, the Metallic Specialty paper is quite hard to photograph but those circles non Texture Chic are all the same colour.


Do you see a Glitter project you think you'd like to CASE? Please do, and play along before next Sunday evening by posting a photo of your project to our page using the link over on the right.


Next up we have Michelle and her lovely take on Christmas:


3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I nearly CASEd this card too! I love your version - those metallic circles look amazing, and I love how you've layered it over floral paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the different circles look like different textures and it looks great on top of the DSP you chose. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - the Abigail Rose paper looks so awesome in the background. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete