Sunday 28 August 2022

#CTC384 Sale-a-bration



Back CASEing the Sale-a-bration catalogue for the last time this year:


Sale-a-bration finishes and then we welcome Spring! Looking forward to that but enjoying the bulbs and blossom already. I think that helped inspire my creation today.

I've chosen the bold card in the middle of Page 15:


Granny Apple Green was my colour of choice for the cardbase. I've randomly stamped the card with an image from Daffodil Daydream using Granny Apple Green ink. 

I've swapped the next layers a bit from the original. I liked the hexagons used but went with cutting a large hexagon with the Beautiful Shapes Dies out of Basic White cardstock and adding it behind my vellum. The Vellum Layering Designs I chose has script over it and I used it to replace the fancy diecut seen in the original. I've stamped another Daffodil Daydream image with Granny Apple Green ink onto Basic White card, coloured it with Stampin' Blends and diecut it with the Daffodil dies. This was added on top of the vellum.

The greeting is from Charming Sentiments and was heat embossed with White embossing powder onto Mossy Meadow cardstock, trimmed and added using Stampin' Dimensionals. Still getting through my (retired) stash of Flowers for Every Season Gems. They're just so versatile though. This time, I used the green ones.


Initially I was going to add another hexagon over the vellum but it seemed a shame to cover the script so I left it out.


Let's see what Sale-a-bration project has you inspired. Post it to our Facebook page using the link over on the right before next Sunday evening.

Let's head on over and check out what our friend Rebecca has been up to:

3 comments:

  1. I love what you’ve done with this!! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of that printed vellum Sandra. Such a pretty card with the daffodil stamped on the background as well as the focal image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how delightful! I love how the hexagon and the vellum highlight the gorgeous daffodil on your card.

    ReplyDelete