Sunday 14 November 2021

#CTC344 CASE an Embossing Project



CASE an Embossing Project - you choose, heat embossed, dry embossed....


I've turned to Page 54 of the July-December Mini Catalogue and the card on the bottom right:


I've started with a piece of Basic White cardstock which I white heat embossed twice with the image from Quiet Meadow. I've then used the resist ink technique with Pool Party ink and a blending brush. Next I've dry embossed this with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing folder. 

I've added a couple of strips of Pattern Party DSP. Onto this a diecut from Meadow Dies of foliage in Mango Melody was added, as it toned with my choice of DSP and added colour without the fussiness of the original card. My greeting is stamped in Basic Gray ink from Turtle Friends onto a strip of Basic White and adhered in place. 

The whole layer was added to a base of Basic Gray cardstock and finished with a few Metallic Pearls.

 

My embossing doesn't stand out as much as the original but it works for what I was after. Not sure if that was my colour sponging choice or the image I used was a little finer than the one they used to emboss.


We hope to see you play along CASEing an Embossing project this week. Just post your project to our Facebook page using the link over on the right. You have to join the page first and answer a couple of simple questions.

I can't wait to see what Rachel has to share with us this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment