Sunday 31 January 2021

#CTC303 CASE the Sale-a-bration Catalogue

 

We're back CASEing the Sale-a-bration catalogue again this week:


I've chosen the image at the top of Page 17:

I've used Smokey Slate cardstock for the base card and the top layer. I've grabbed my Subtles scrap folder and chosen Blushing Bride, Highland Heather, Pool Party, So Saffron and Soft Sea Foam for my faux postage stamps. I opted not to CASE the embossing as above and instead used Basic Gray ink and the frame from Punch Party onto all the colours. I then inked another image onto a Post-It note and cut out the inside to make a template for my pictures.

I've stamped the little butterfly in lieu of the hearts in the CASE card onto the layer of Smokey Slate. I've then used my Chalk Pen to colour the image white then I've painted over it with Wink of Stella. I've embossed this piece with the Old World Paper 3D Embossing folder.

I've used the joey images from Kangaroo & Company, One of them is a full image and the other is chopped off but I didn't want to ink outside the frame so I just popped my template on before stamping. The greeting is from the same stamp set. I've punched them all out with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch and adhered the pictured shapes onto the Smokey Slate layer. I've wrapped Whisper White Baker's Twine around this and then added the layer to the base card. The greeting has been adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals and my bow was added to the greeting so it didn't hide one of the faces. I've used some rhinestones to finish off.


It's hard to capture Wink of Stella in a picture, so I'll show another angle:


Even Simba showed a bit more interest than he has been lately


We hope you can play along this week. Take a photo of your project and add it to our Facebook page before next Sunday evening using the link over on the right.

Next up we have the lovely Peta and her stunning floral project:

5 comments:

  1. Oh I like your take on this card. I love how you’ve done the joeys and just the sentiment in the centre and the embossing folder looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way the joeys face both directions! So clever, and the stamping inside the frame is gorgeous. What a great card - love the white chalk marker butterflies too - that's inspired me to have a go using my chalk marker again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sandra, the little butterflies look so good coloured with the chalk pen and wink of stella. I’m sure Simba is eyeing off that twine lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so cute! Haven't inked this yet, but your card may just inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! I love how you have used both kangaroos!

    ReplyDelete