Sunday 16 August 2020

#CTC281 CASE from Annual Catalogue Punch Bundle Section

 
CASEing the Punch Bundle Section, pages 168-169:

This picture also happens to use the card I've CASEd - the top picture, which is the third card down on page 168.

I don't own the Field of Flowers punch but the card reminded me instantly of the Painted Poppies I'd used recently so I reached for that set to begin. I stamped the poppies onto Whisper White with Old Olive Ink. To resemble California wild poppies I've coloured with Dark Mango Melody and Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends. 

The greeting from Special Someone is heat embossed with White Embossing powder onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock. I've trimmed it to 1/2" thick and instead of a banner, I've used the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch to give some interest to one side of the greeting. I've adhered this panel onto a diecut of Ornate Layers dies using Old Olive cardstock. I've trimmed it straight as per the CASEd card and popped it all on Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Next I've stamped the butterflies from Special Someone in Old Olive - the CASE used four flying critters, but I had to add an extra. To finish it all off, I've used Wink of Stella on both the butterflies and the flowers.

I've even managed to give a bit of inside love to this card using another image from Painted Poppies and the same Blends as above along with Old Olive and again finished with Wink of Stella:

This may give a better idea of the Wink of Stella effect:

If you like these colours, you may be interested in the Box of Sunshine Paper Pumpkin kit which is available from your demonstrator now. Check out this blog post for some different ideas using the supplies. 

Next up we have our lovely Rebecca:

We hope to see you play along with the challenge this week. You have until next Sunday evening and you can post your picture to our Facebook page using the link over on the right.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful CASE, Sandra. Love all the open space and the Ornate frame is perfect for the delcate blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sandra, great choice in colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card, Sandra. I think it looks gorgeous with the ornate frame behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find this a very calming card - that beautiful soft colour palette and the fine little details. The glimmer on the flowers from the Wink of Stella gives it some real extra wow factor. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you flipped the orientation and subtle colour palette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the poppies are just gorgeous in these colours! What a lovely serene card. And the little butterflies are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Ornate Layers die piece. So elegant!! Such a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete