Tuesday 11 August 2020

Box of Sunshine Alternative Ideas

WOW - Stampin' Up! have knocked it out of the park with this gorgeous all inclusive Box of Sunshine! It has everything; card bases, stamps, black ink spot, diecut elements, stickers, adhesive sequins, glue dots, dimensionals and the most stunning gold foil envelopes (the only thing you need is a block for the photopolymer stamps)The intention is that you use the kit you have purchased and then repurpose the box to gift to someone and maybe it will continue on for a while. 

I'm not here to show you the cards in the kit, I've got some unique alternatives using some extra cardstock and tools you may have. Here is the box redecorated with the address stickers provided:

The fine lines you can see around the elements is gold foil. Lemons and pineapple feature along with the sun and leaves. 

I might regift this box with something like this.

Chocolate, tea bags, tissues and a handmade project can be wrapped inside the tissue included in your box.

I used Daffodil Delight for my project, with Shaded Spruce embossed with Pinewood Planks and a few of the diecut elements.  On the inside - Lemsip!

Next I've made some cards. Using the Flowers for Every Seasons Memories & More Cards & Envelopes. I've cut one of the foil envelopes and trimmed the dotted sticker to the same height. I've cut a strip of Shaded Spruce cardstock to become my stem and adhered the sunflower at one end and leaves at the other, popping it all on with dimensionals. The greeting is Lovely You punched with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.

Inside a cheery envelope:

I've used a Basic Black card base and diecut the back layer out of a card from the kit with Many Layered Blossoms dies. I've adhered Adhesive Sheet to the back of Whisper White and cut the top layer then stuck the two layers together. I've popped mini dimensionals on the back to place it on the card. 

Inside the tiny flowers from the same die set:

With one of the other swirly patterned cards, I've managed to diecut five poppies and stamens using the Poppy Moments dies along with leaves from Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce and Basic Black.The black and white dotted background and frame are self adhesive.

A little more inside love using Painted Poppies and the adhesive elements:

The fifth poppy became a gift tag (or bookmark) using part of a gold and white striped card:

A pocket card from a quarter sheet of Daffodil Delight cardstock and the other half of the envelope above. Greeting is stamped in Basic Black and then again in Mango Melody a smidge over. I've chopped a piece out of the pineapple as it wasn't going to be seen and stuck the rest of it and the envelope to the card. I've used the white half of the piece I diecut the poppies from and folded it to create the card for the pocket. 

Card decorated with elements from the kit, utilising the piece of pineapple from the base and finished with the adhesive sequins.

Seriously, I still have loads of elements left to create with, but I hope these ideas inspire you to try something else with your kit and spread some sunshine. 

How about some fussy cutting after the elements have been removed and adhering the pieces to cardstock. Leave them as is or for some texture try embossing with Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder. This is a fun card to pop into a care package I'll send to my daughter closer to exam time. The gold frame is from the adhesive sheet for decorating the box:


Hopefully it will make her:


Thanks for stopping by 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment