Saturday 6 June 2020

Social Stamping - New (Normal)


This week Kelly Kent's theme for the Social Stamping Covid Blog Hop is "New (Normal)". What has become your New Normal? 

For me, life has been pretty quiet. We are fortunate in New Zealand to be looking at moving to Level 1 soon, and one of our bubble will return to University, a five hour drive away from us. It has been lovely to have her home through lockdown though.. 


We've been lucky to have experienced a mild autumn and able to get outdoors for walks. The neighbourhood put teddies in the window for people to look out for and that went down a treat - not just with the kids! Did they do that where you live too?

My creation is based on the leaves we've watched falling on our walks. And not even funny - within 24 hrs of creating my card - we have had the coldest day in a very long time - along with the rain, so I just might have tempted fate when I added my umbrella and gumboots!! 



I've used the rose leaf stamp from Rooted in Nature and Very Vanilla cardstock. My ink pads were Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso to stamp the leaves, I started with the lightest colour and stamped off a little as I went, then progressed to darker. I've added a greeting from Under My Umbrella in Early Espresso ink along with the umbrella handle. My 'new' for the theme is the In Colour 6" x 6" DSP - in Bumblebee! I've stamped the umbrella and boots in Early Espresso and fussy cut, popping them in place with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I've used some retired Old Olive Linen Thread to wrap around the card and matted the top layer with Early Espresso, adding it to a base of thick Whisper White cut in half lengthwise, so it forms a tent when folded. Lastly I tied a bow around the thread.

I wish I had some polka dot gumboots like these - alas I'm stuck with my trusty black 'Perths'! How appropriate for the social stamping Kelly and our Western Australia friends? - along with the greeting!! 



Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe and please continue on the hop to my fellow CASEing the Catty friend, Shannon:



If you get lost along the way, you can find all the links here: Kelly Kent

5 comments:

  1. Love the different coloured leaves and the gum boots and umbrella are cute. We had a teddy and our window and our kids loved going out on a bear hunt and seeing if there were different teddies each time we went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to Google Perth gumboots - I didn't even realise that was a thing! Your version on the card are much cuter!!! You must be relishing some relative freedom now the restrictions in NZ have lifted! Here's hoping we can all enjoy the new normal before the second wave arrives! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. all our normals are different aren't they? I'm glad you've been able to get outdoors a bit, even with cold and rain and gumboots. WE're heading for a cold snap here too. How wonderful to have had your daughter at home for this period. I know several families where that has been the gift from the pandemic- having precious family time is rare. Our daughter was home for 10 days and it was fabulous- we'll never get that again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful combination of the two stamp seats and perfect Autumn colours. We don’t have many deciduous trees in our neighbourhood, I’m looking out on a sea of green-but I do love Autumn colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think for a lot of people the slower pace of life and the unexpected extra family time has been a big bonus of lockdown life. It might just become the new normal for some people! I love your card. The colour combination is perfect, very Autumnal. And then the bright pop of the yellow boots and umbrella makes the whole thing so cheery. I'm a big fan of bright boots - if you're going to be out in the cold and rain you may as well bring a little sunshine with you!!

    ReplyDelete