Sunday 12 August 2018

#CTC191 - Nature's Poem


Check out pages 142-153 for this week's challenge, then play along with the link on the right


I had reason to be creating a special card for my aunty this week, using the challenge to get me started. The person in mind enjoys travelling which led me to the card on the right of page 146:


A bit of pondering about which fancy fold to make ended up becoming a Joy Fold card. I started with a sheet of Rich Razzleberry cardstock and because she is an avid gardener, I knew I wanted to use Petal Promenade DSP. Although this colour isn't listed as a co-ordinating colour, I think it worked with the design I chose. I matted each layer with Mossy Meadow to give it a bit more appeal. The finished size of the card is 6" square. I have also used one of the smaller designs from Petal Promenade with the olive branch wreath as the background for my Gold foil and Rich Razzleberry (retired) large numbers. I didn't want a lot of bling but the foil tied in with the gold heat embossing I used for all the images on Whisper White cardstock.


Now you can see where the CASE card came in! As you open the top layer, the two scenes meet your eye. I chose not to add any colour to them as I liked how the gold made them pop anyway


As you open again, the greeting appears, a Berry Burst die cut Happy Birthday, along with a third image from Mediterranean Moments. Also appropriate because she likes cats! I've intentionally lowed this image as my personal greeting will be added to this page.


I'll pop the measurements further below if you are interested in making a card this size yourself. Time for you to pop over and see what Megan has designed for the hop:


Measurements used:
Rich Razzleberry: a) 10" x 6" scored at 4" mark; b) 8" x 3 3/4" scored at 4" mark
Mossy Meadow: a) 5 3/4" x 5 3/4"; b) 2 x 5 3/4" x 3 3/4" c) 3 x 3 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Whisper White: a) 2 x 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"; b) 2 x 3 1/2" x 3 1/4" 
DSP: a) 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"; b) 3 1/2" x 3 1/4"

I did use a magnet on the front (which caused a few problems because it was a little small for all my layers so I had to rejig and in the end it was popped under the two scene images!) You wouldn't need a magnet if you made a smaller top card and used a dimensional embellishment to tuck the top layer under. If you search for Joy Fold cards you'll get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment