Sunday 3 June 2018

#CTC181 - It's a New Catalogue


Yes! It's time to get excited about all the wonderful goodies in the new catalogue. We had free choice this week - anywhere from the 2018-19 catalogue. 


I had a coloured image waiting for inspiration, so instead of getting sidetracked flicking through the catalogue (as was starting to happen!), I stopped at page 42, and the delightful lady images from the set You've Got Style.  


I've used the returning colour Mint Macaron as my base, and embossed my top layer with the Quilt Top TIEF. I've changed the orientation to landscape and reversed the image placement using strips of Share What You Love Specialty DSP, banner cut as above and added over a vellum cardstock circle. I've switched greetings to the bubbly birthday one, and changed my lady - I think that was due to the change in our weather, I was kind of envious of how cosy she looks wrapped up in that coat! 

If you're wondering I used Stampin' Blends to colour her. Yes, she has been fussy cut, her fingers were the challenge, but I fell short at the thought of fussy cutting bubbles, and drew those onto the vellum.  She is finished off with gold from the metallic sequin assortment.  I just love these ladies, they just look like they're out for fun and have a story, or two, to share!


Why don't you make a card and share it with us based on something you find in the new catalogue, CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) as you interpret it - we would love to see your work. Use the link over on the right. Time now to hop over and see what our lovely Fi has been up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment