Sunday 10 June 2018

#CTC182 - Tea Room


CASEing from the Tea Room suite - pages 13-25.


Needless to say I didn't have to venture too far to find a card I loved - bottom left of page 16:


OK - I might have loved it a little too much, as I barely changed a thing!  Funnily, I made this card for last week's challenge, but another of our team had the same idea, so I decided to hold off to post. (If you're curious, check out Peta's card here - too cute!)

I used Pear Pizzazz for the base, and the Eclectic Layers leaf was embossed into the top layer. I then smeared my Versamark pad over the bottom part of my card in different places and added Gold embossing powder before heat setting. A piece of the new Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon has been wrapped on the right hand side and adhered under the layer, love the soft but effective look  of this ribbon. I used another piece of Pear Pizzazz for the leaves and the diamond pattern, which I snipped as it only creates the holes. I then used my Stamparatus to line up my stamp over a negative of the leaves, then just popped each of the leaves into the negative space and stamped the image onto them - it is so much easier than lining the die up over the pre-stamped image.  

My Whisper White cat was sponged with Crumb cake and the flower was from the same set as the leaves, Oh So Eclectic. I used Berry Burst and then did a little rough watercolouring and fussy cut so I didn't have a white edge. My leaves were adhered over the ribbon and diamond piece, then the cat, flower and greeting were raised with mini Stampin' Dimensionals. The greeting is from Heartland stamped in Early Espresso onto Crumb Cake cardstock.  Pretty sure this won't be the last time I make this card!


So, let's pop over to check out Rose's fabulous creation for this hop!  If you want to play along, please use the link over on the right, the team would love to see what you come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment