Sunday 21 January 2018

CASEing the Catty - #CTC162 Sweet Soiree


This week we are CASEing the Occasions Catalogue - pages 10-14.


I was drawn to the cute little Mini Embroidery Hoops on page 14 and have cased the whole photo.


I changed out the box on the left for a Calypso Coral card base stamped with the same colour using the stitched circle from A Good Day. The DSP is Tutti-frutti. My image and greeting are from Sitting Here and I tried a technique I believe is called 'no-line watercolouring'. I used Sahara Sand to stamp with and coloured using my aqua brush. The size of the picture proved to be a bit of a challenge but I like the effect and will try it again with a larger subject sometime. I don't have the scallop punches but reached for the Layering Circles and used the scallop shapes to diecut both images. The image was raised with dimensionals and I popped the Embroidery Hoop on with multipurpose adhesive.  The bow is the new Silver Baker's Twine on page 13 of the catalogue and again used the iridescent sequin assortment for my bling.


The card on the right is a Lemon Lime Twist base with Tutti-frutti DSP added. The banner is whisper white stamped with a greeting from A Good Day. The same Silver Baker's Twine is wrapped around and tied in a bow, then mounted onto the Lemon Lime Twist Finely Woven Ribbon. The little dog is from Bike Ride - isn't he a happy wee fellow? I like how this card makes it all about him and not the bike. His outline was stamped with Soft Suede and the fill was Sahara Sand with a Lemon Lime Twist bandana.  

Thanks for stopping by - time to head over and see what Peta has put together to show you, and then why don't you play along - link is just over on the right...

No comments:

Post a Comment