Sunday 8 October 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC149 Year of Cheer


Wowee, you guys are in for a treat this week. The Year of Cheer brings us lots of reason to celebrate and adds a touch of elegance - I think you'll agree...

My project's been inspired from the bottom picture on page 36.  


Not having that embossing folder, I've switched that for one of the Foil Snowflakes, they come in a pack of 24, 12 each of gold and silver. I've also steered away from the copper focus and gone just with silver against white, an old favourite for a special card. I've used a circle of Silver Foil, with a circle of Year of Cheer Specialty DSP, and taken the greeting from Butterfly Basics and embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder before cutting with the Stitched Shapes framelit. Layered behind that is the Silver Mini Sequin Trim, and I've popped the greeting up with dimensionals. I've also used the Year of Cheer Specialty Washi tape at the top and bottom of my card. This is an A4 sheet cut lengthways, so it opens up rather than out. Yet again, I fell into the - "remember how hard that is to photograph situation" when using Silver, so I hope you can see past the bad photography to the shine.


Here's the embossing from a different angle - yum!


I obviously had too much time on my hands this week, and remembered seeing the idea of sponging the reverse side of the snowflake. Thought I'd have a go with Lemon Lime Twist and give some suggestions for things you don't have. No washi? Try using DSP (Fresh Florals DSP stack in this case). No Specialty DSP? - how about embossing a piece of cardstock with the Layered Leaves 3D TIEF. And in place of the mini sequin trim, silver 1/8" ribbon.  I finished off with the Metallics Sequin assortment, love how they come in different sizes - greeting from Best Birds.


Up next is Judy, after you've been round the hop, hope you feel inclined to add your project by using the link over on the right hand side

No comments:

Post a Comment