Sunday 1 October 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC148 Kits and Memories & More


This week you can CASE either catalogue using Kits or Memories and More.


I've chosen the Soft Sayings kit on page 10-11 of the main catalogue. Although I don't own this set, I think it is so versatile and it remains on my 'wish list' at the moment.  I think you can work out which card I chose to copy and it came together quite quickly.


Delightful Daisy DSP and Thick Whisper White cardstock helped me create the base along with the faux washi at the top - don't forget from 1-31 October, you can buy 3 packs of DSP and get 1 free!! I then created a pocket shape from Whisper White and used a Tranquil Tide marker to make a border. (If you want to try this, I'll give you a hint, it was way easier ruling off the area with the thin end of the marker, then going back and painting it with the brush end, when I tried to speed up by using the brush end against the ruler, I got a bit of smudging happening and you don't want that). Gold Glimmer Paper with the smaller Rose Garden Thinlit became my focal point  (removing the plastic layer off the back makes die-cutting this paper super easy). I used the leaves from the larger rose in Lemon Lime Twist to tuck under the pocket shape.  The greeting is from the Hostess Set Background Bits and stamped in Dapper Denim. Whisper White Baker's Twine bow and done!...


Thanks for stopping by. A little diversion, if you want some more ideas for the Watercolor Christmas Project kit in the picture at the top of the post, click here

Want to play along? Feel free to add your project by using the link on the sidebar. Meanwhile, time for you to check out what the lovely Julia has been up to


No comments:

Post a Comment