Sunday 3 September 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC144 Quilted Christmas


Welcome readers - this week sees the Holiday Catalogue go live, and today we are being inspired by creations from pages 4-9. We welcome Cathy Pinchback as our Guest Designer.


My CASe comes from this image on page 4 - bottom left, but with a couple of twists. As you can see, I'm not quite ready for thinking of Christmas, but I know it will have to happen soon.

I've taken the layout idea, and switched Lemon Lime Twist for Real Red by using the Fresh Florals DSP Stack. My take of the 3 cottons was to use the three trees from Lovely as a Tree - (one of the longest serving stamp sets Stampin' Up has had) stamped in Early Espresso. Wood Textures DSP for the banner with a doily attached. The colour on the trees was done by scribbling a little bit of Lemon Lime marker on to acetate and spritzing then pressing over each tree, I didn't want the colour outside the tree and the result is the slightly blurred colours which I was wanting without too much colour. This technique is popular at the moment for backgrounds, if you haven't done so, you need to try it. The image was then diecut using the largest Stitched Shapes Framelit square. Greeting from Bella & Friends.

Time to hop over and see Rachel's cute creations!



No comments:

Post a Comment