Sunday 27 August 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC143 Artistic Expression


Another chance for Artistic Expression this week - from pages 132-181.

I've chosen the top card from Pg 138, and pretty much just switched out colours.


First I chose my DSP, and it was Delightful Daisy, my colours just evolved from there. Not how I had imagined but happy with the result. There are five dragonflies in this card, first a body from the DSP, with a vellum detailed d-fly laid over, Wisteria Wonder stamped in Night of Navy with the dragonfly stamp and die cut with the outline shape again, then one of each size of the detailed dragonflies in Wisteria Wonder. They are all glued at the upper body only, so there is a lot of movement to this card which is hard to see in a photo. I have used a vellum scalloped layering circle for under the big dragonfly rather than the white, which you can only see when you go hunting for it. Greeting from Dragonfly Dreams which has been stamped off in Night of Navy for the repeat stamped background. A little silver metallic thread along with Night of Navy baker's twine for the bow. And rhinestones to finish.


I think I'll definitely do this card again, and will try it in different colours...  Thanks for stopping by, please carry on and visit Peta now:

No comments:

Post a Comment