Monday 4 September 2017

Anything But the Holidays Blog Hop

Thanks to Janet Wakeland for this Blog Hop for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators all over the world to use the Holiday Catalogue product in a 'non-holiday' way. The criteria was to use at least one product from the Holiday catalogue - so click on the names below and be inspired to use your products in a whole new way... You are now with Sandra Collett from Christchurch, New Zealand - but if you get lost at any time, scroll down for the list of contributors . 

I've used the Watercolor Christmas Project Kt from pg 33. This is the kit suggestion and my non-holiday takes follow:


I've mixed things up a bit to show you just how versatile this Kit is, but you could easily utilise aspects of these ideas and adapt to fit with products you already own.  I have stayed with the sketch for each card and will list the extra supplies under each where they are not already included in the kit-

Stamp sets:  Layering Love; Bike Ride
Ink: Basic Black for Greeting and Dog, Smokey Slate & Real Red for dog
Cardstock: Tiny scrap of Whisper White for dog
Tips: Fussy cut dog to add to bottom right corner

Stamp sets:  Layering Love; Lift Me Up 
Thinlits: Up and Away
Ink: Basic Black for Greeting
Cardstock: Scraps of Emerald Envy and Real Red for balloons
Tips: Turn pre-printed panel over to stamp on and attach balloons

Stamp sets:  Layering Love
Thinlits: Rose Garden, Bold Butterfly
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red marker for heart
Cardstock: Scraps of Emerald Envy for Leaves

Stamp sets:  Bunch of Blossoms
Thinlits: Bloomin' Heart, Layering Ovals
Punch:Tree Builder (for red flowers)
Ink: Basic Black
Cardstock: Scraps of Real Red for oval and flowers 
Tips: Pop a circle of real red behind each flower, use tiny circle from diecut gold flowers for centre of red flowers and to decorate greeting

And why haven't I mentioned that you need Gold Foil as an extra? Because I have utilised the envelope liner - can you believe that elegant Gold Foil is mostly hidden away inside the envelope? If you wish to recreate as I have, the last thing you will need is a sheet or Real Red 12"x12" cardstock to swap out the envelope liners  (in my case I used retired Co-ordinations). I used the foil liner as my template and you can get all four envelope liners from one sheet of cardstock. All my diecuts easily came out of 1 of the liners and still loads of Gold Foil for another project.


I hope my project inspires you to make something other than Christmas cards with this kit and love to see what you create, so please tag me in when you post. Thanks for stopping by and next go check out Angèlique's project...

No comments:

Post a Comment