Friday 28 July 2017

Colour INKspiration - #CI14

Been a while since I've joined the colour challenge and with a wet dreary day providing just the right atmosphere for creating - here's what the brief was; Smoky Slate, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sky and Night of Navy..  Oops as I type this I realise I used Pool Party not Soft Sky, hope I'll be forgiven.


Wet weather equals messy play, so it was time to colour my embossing paste. I've loved seeing how everyone else has put this to use but confess to only having used it in the raw state, however, it really is very simple, I added 2 drops of Rich Razzleberry ink to about a teaspoon of paste, and had enough for two card fronts with probably enough for another. So a little really does go a long way.  I used one of the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and the paste does dry very quickly.

Baby Bear has a three step stamp process, and I started in reverse with the Night of Navy, then Smoky Slate and lastly Pool Party (should have been Soft Sky though).  I fussy cut Master T Bear and mounted with dimensionals onto a Smoky Slate circle matted with a Rich Razzleberry scallop circle. The greeting is from Baby Bear as well and stamped with Night of Navy ink.  Finished off with a Pool Party baker's twine bow.  


What to use as a card holder when you're running out of fresh ideas - your dog!  Thanks Leo, didn't even stop his grooming to wonder what I was up to - think he was just pleased not to be out in the rain and hail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment