Sunday 30 July 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC139 Everyday Occasions


Hello there - it's time to get excited and see what the design crew have been up to this week while creating for the new theme from pages 16-67.  Welcome if you've just arrived from Peta's blog - doesn't that little pig make you smile? Or if you're starting here - you've got lots of inspiration to find yet...


Each week, I pore over the catalogue trying to decide which card I want to make. This week I stopped at a card on page 40, bottom right. I've lingered at it before but decided this was the week, and as it comes together so easily, I am sure it will be used again - especially as it is a great way to use your scrap stash. 


I had some Wood Textures DSP looking at me and thought I'd see how it looked after it was diecut with the straight banner from Bunch of Banners framelits. I used 6 banners, both the inside and outside cut are utlised, and you will find you have one frame leftover. Instead of the plain background, Iopted to place onto the lightest of the Wood Textures DSP which I matted with Soft Suede. This was put onto a Thick Whisper White card base. 


If you want yours to look like mine, you will count from 1 to 11 starting at the left hand side. I have popped # 2, #5 and #8 up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The greeting was from Label Me Pretty and punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. The right hand side has dimensionals added, with the left being adhered as the banner it attaches to is already raised. 

And then I thought what a great masculine card that would make, now I need a feminine version - this is what I came up with.  Using Color Theory DSP stack, and Sweet Sugarplum for the mat, with the greeting from the same Label Me Pretty set.


Thanks for stopping by - let me know which colour you prefer, then head off and see what awesomeness Kelly has created for you this time...


No comments:

Post a Comment