Sunday 23 July 2017

CASEing the Catty - #CTC138 Holidays


Hello again. Welcome if you've just come from Jackie Noble's blog. Today I'm CASEing the layout of a card I've had my eye on for a while and think I could case it over and over.  You will find it on page 114:


Much as Holiday is the theme, I've switched it for a Birthday card. My elements are a little different - washi tape was replaced with strips of paper from the Colour Theory DSP, as well as edging for the greeting, the diecut word and strip became a branch. My circles are slightly smaller than this card, and I think next time I would maybe make the main picture a touch bigger. For that I used Shimmery White cardstock and added Lemon Lime twist ink with my aqua brush and played around til I got the depth of colour I wanted. I used Chocolate Chip ink for the bird (although it was freshly re-inked so I admit it does look a bit more like Early Espresso). The background effect from Best Birds has been copper embossed onto vellum for the right hand circle. The left circle has speckles copper embossed onto Lemon Lime Twist cardstock from Touches of Texture. Wood Textures DSP stack for the remaining circle with the greeting and flowers also from Best Birds. Copper ribbon replaces the burlap threads above and Metallic Enamel Shapes to finish.


Thanks for stopping by and now you must go check out what the lovely Kelly Kent has been up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment