Sunday 9 October 2022

#CTC390 CASE the Colours of Santa Express DSP



CASE the Colours of Santa Express DSP: Poppy Parade, Petal Pink, Granny Apple Green, Evening Evergreen, Shaded Spruce, Mint Macaron


After choosing a base card of Thick Basic White, I've taken my Geraniums Dies and cut the leaves from Granny Apple Green and Shaded Spruce, and the flowers from Poppy Parade and Petal Pink.

I swiped my Hive 3D Embossing Folder with Mint Macaron ink and popped a piece of Basic white cardstock inside then ran it through my Cut & Emboss machine. After it dried I trimmed it to fit and matted with Evening Evergreen cardstock.

Next I've heat embossed the greeting from Potted Greraniums onto Evening Evergreen cardstock with White Embossing Powder and diecut with another of the Geraniums Dies. All the pieces were then adhered to the base card. 


I actually had the flower colours reversed for my completed card and switched them out after completion. Was a bit too soft on top, and the base of Poppy Parade gave a bit more strength and balance to the bold greens.


I love the variety we see when we have a colour challenge. That means I really want to see your card included in the challenge. Join the group, create your card and post it to our Facebook page using the link over on the right before next Sunday evening.

Next on the hop we have our friend Monique:


No comments:

Post a Comment