Sunday 30 January 2022

#CTC354 CASE Abstract Beauty Suite



CASE the Abstract Beauty Suite on pages 48-57 of the January-June Mini Catalogue:

I've chosen the Slimline Butterfly card on Page 52:


I didn't make a Slimline card though, just my usual half A4 but I used this picture for inspiration. I've started with a base of Thick Basic White and cut a piece of Expressions in Ink Specialty DSP to the full size of the card. I've then sliced it 3/4" from the side and taken the same amount off the front of the card base. 

I've cut three butterflies out of the DSP using the Brilliant Wings Dies and popped them aside for another project. I've used the CASE card idea of a contrasting edging and cut a piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock with the edging from Peony Dies. I've adhered the edge to the DSP and then attached the DSP panel to the front of the card. The 3/4" of DSP has been added to the inside edge of the card so it looks like it's all one. I've diecut the same three butterflies out of Evening Evergreen cardstock and adhered them into the blanks on the front of the card. The greeting is from Handsomely Suited and stamped in Evening Evergreen ink onto Basic White cardstock then diecut with a Tasteful Labels die and attached it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I've added some (retired) Flowers for Every Season gems to finish.


At the time I couldn't decide which piece of DSP I wanted to use, so ended up making two cards.


This time the contrast colour was Mango Melody but I have kept with the Evening Evergreen greeting.


I can't decide if I've a favourite or not - I keep going from one to the other but they both look so pretty with the gold shimmering in the background. Let me know which one you prefer.


We hope you'll join us CASEing the Catty this week. Post your project to our Facebook page using the link over on the right before next Sunday evening. Winner announced Monday evening.

Next on the hop we have the lovely Rebecca and her fun Black & White with a pop of colour card!

1 comment:

  1. My favourite is the Mango Melody one - but both of these are absolute stunners!! What a brilliant card!! I LOVE what you've done!!

    ReplyDelete