Sunday 6 September 2020

#CTC284 CASE from Annual Catalogue Die Bundle Section

 

CASE from the Die Bundle Section of the Annual Catalogue - pages 173-179


The card on the bottom on the picture was my inspiration using the Blossoms in Bloom bundle! 
I thought the colours looked amazing together and just changed them around a little bit.

I was also recently inspired by a fellow Demonstrator, Tracy Held from Australia, who showed us her version of the split card technique - I'd seen it before but never given it a go. Tracy made me feel a little more confident and so I wish to give her some credit as I just went from her video and didn't look up anyone else. Thanks Tracy!

I've started by applying adhesive sheet to the back of a piece of Whisper White cardstock and diecut with the Many Layered Blossoms top layer die and my Stampin' Cut & Emboss - seriously still impressed that one pass cuts all the fiddly bits out! Next I stamped the Blossoms in Bloom large flower in Basic Gray ink onto Smokey Slate cardstock. The cardstock is twice the size of my normal top layer at this stage. I've removed the adhesive cover from the diecut and placed it over the stamped image. I've then used my guillotine to chop the cardstock in half - making two card fronts from one image!  

I chose to rotate one of them so that my cards both placed the image on the left. I've used So Saffron cardstock to cut some of the smaller flowers with the Many Layered Blossoms die bottom layer, and then Blackberry Bliss for the matching shape in the top layer. I've attached the flowers to the card top using a glue dot. 

I've used Versamark then Blackberry Bliss ink and covered with Clear Embossing powder before heat setting  the greetings from Blossoms in Bloom. They were punched out using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch according to their height and added to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. Each has a mat of Blackberry Bliss and a base of Thick Whisper White cardstock.


The crew would love to see you play along. Once you've joined the Facebook Challenge page - CASE a card, take a photo and post it using the link over on the right. Next up we have our lovely leader, Rebecca


5 comments:

  1. Love the addition of the blackberry bliss. It looks wonderful. Gorgeous cards. And I love the two from one bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Sandra. Love the split card concept; I need to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely 2 for 1 cards, and it was an inspired choice to add Blackberry bliss, so much more definition with that included.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great case. I love how you’ve put the flowers down the side.

    ReplyDelete