Sunday 13 September 2020

#CTC285 CASE the Layout on Page 29 Mini


The crew are CASEing the layout on page 29 of the August-December Catalogue:


This is the sketch if you can't cope with a photo:

I looked at the picture and saw black and white as the central image, with strips of cardstock (or similar) behind. I also rotated the image to fit the picture that jumped to mind.

I've started with a base card of Petal Pink cardstock and used 3/4" strips of Soft Sea Foam, Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP, Whisper White and Mossy Meadow. The Feels Like Frost has a piece using both sides for variety. As you know I've enjoyed using my new Lovely Labels Pick a Punch and have taken advantage of that shape for each end of all of my strips. The Whisper White was stamped with a Lovely You greeting in Memento black before being popped into place.

My main image is the Good Morning Magnolia flower coloured very lightly with Stampin' Blends so as not to detract from the Black and White image that I was drawn to. After colouring it was added using Stampin' Dimensionals.


The crew would love to see you play along using the link over on the right. Next up we have Lauren:



5 comments:

  1. I love the colours you have used, such a soft pretty combo! Such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely take on the sketch. I love the subtle colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice twist to the sketch and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, and so so pretty! Love the change in orientation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and pretty - what a lovely combo of colours and paper. The magnolia as the front panel is a very clever interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete