Sunday 17 June 2018

#CTC183 - Animal Expedition


We are caseing the Animal Expedition section of the catalogue this week - pages 26-37.


Those who know me will be quite surprised that there's not an animal in sight, although it is the perfect opportunity this week! If you want to see what I did do with the cute little zoo animals from this section, you can go and visit my Onstage board post here.

Instead I've chosen to case the card at the bottom right of page 35 as I was looking to make a birthday card for my brother. I've used the same stamp set, but swapped the colours a little.


I've used a thick Whisper White card base with a full size Lemon Lime Twist card front.  Onto this I have added a panel of Wood Textures DSP, with a trim of Lemon Lime Twist Mini Ruffled Ribbon. I initally stamped the clouds from Lift Me Up onto the Wood panel with Whisper White Craft Ink, but it was a little faint, so I grabbed my white embossing powder and heat embossed them instead. Because the Craft ink is a pigment ink, I had a little more time to work than the dye based inks. (Tip: You can achieve the same result by using versamark and then any of your dye-base colours, this will allow you to gain any colour embossing by using Clear embossing powder. Remember to use the Versamark first so that you don't transfer any colour onto your Versamark pad). 

I used Smokey Slate ink on the white clouds, die cut using the Up & Away Thinlits. I've also white embossed the balloon images onto Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide using the same stamp set and thinlits. The main image has the coloured pieces cut from the 2017-19 In Colour DSP, with a Whisper White balloon and Linen Thread bow. The greeting has been stamped in Tranquil Tide and banner cut. Can you see what I've changed here?  The greeting on the stamp actually says "Sending Smiles Across the Miles" but I've used the Stamparatus and masked off words to create my own greeting "Sending Smiles For A Happy Birthday".


Time now to hop over and check out the 'gorgeous' card Julia has created this week. Then you have a week to create a card yourself and add it using the CASEing the Catty link over on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment