Wednesday 18 April 2018

April Onstage Global Blog Hop


Welcome to our Blog Hop sharing projects we had the pleasure of creating for recent Stampin' Up Onstage events held at various locations around the world. I went to Auckland along with 230 fellow demonstrators.

Firstly I must give immense thanks to my talented and generous friend, Kelly Kent from Australia for her assistance with the setup and graphics... and secondly thanks to Susan Wong who urged me to step outside my comfort zone and ask if there was a hop I could join. That led to a lot of demonstrators in the same position and we created a hop for ourselves - so a big thank you to the other participants for signing up - I can't wait to see what you've all made!

This was how my display was setup on the day:



 And here they are closer up. I'll try and keep brief on all the cards for the hop, and if I expand later, I'll add links rather than being too wordy here. (if there is something specific you'd like to know - feel free to ask in the comments).  

Gold foil sheets, Gold Heat Embossing

Left - Copper foil sheets, Copper heat embossing
Right - using Stamparatus and markers, adding layers on the tree until I was happy; Soft Suede, Tranquil Tide & Lemon Lime Twist - greeting stamped onto the Mini Ruffled ribbon

My happy accident card - I initially Gold heat embossed the greeting, but it didn't stand out so I repeated with white embossing powder and got a very shiny finish which I liked, but to make it pop a little more, I used my Tranquil Tide marker and 'shadowed' the right side of the letters

Random splatter by splashing water/tombow mix then heat embossed with Gold

Tiny goggle eyes (non Stampin' Up) bring these crazy guys to life

Faux tearing for ground, So Saffron cardstock masked for moon, sponged with Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Pool Party. Kangaroo stamped and coloured black

Shimmery white cardstock, watercolour washed, die cut and matted with Basic Black

Stamparatus assisted and some irony  - this 'little' fella was fussy cut and added later

Woven Mini Ruffled ribbon, background made by diecutting stencil leaves and sponging colour through. Frames Elements wooden embellishment under words coloured with Tranquil Tide marker and covered with Fine Tip Glue. Stamparatus used to change the alignment of the greeting

Frames Element coloured with Lemon Lime Twist marker and covered in Fine Tip Glue. Greeting inked with Versamark then Lemon Lime Twist and Clear Embossed. New Glitter Enamel Dots.

Frames Element coloured with Berry Burst marker and covered in Fine Tip glue, Silver foil diecut and Silver Heat Embossed greeting


In-colour DSP in Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide with diecut leaves

I know less is best but once I start adding, I can't stop... Started by flicking bleach onto Early Espresso 12"x12". Die cut So Saffron with giraffe print die and added to Cajun Craze before die-cutting Large Letters. Spot the giraffe lurking on the A in PARK? Leaf Ribbon wound around letters before adhering.

 
Trimmed the Lemon Lime Twist Mini Ruffled ribbon to thread through the buttons and knotted it

I didn't have leaf stamps to match my dies, so some of my leaves were created by randomly stamping with Tranquil Tide the leaf images from Rooted in Nature on Lemon Lime Twist cardstock then spritzing with water until the colour blurred a little. The others were Tranquil Tide card spritzed and screwed up while wet then both were diecut after they had dried again.



DSP as above this time in Berry Burst, Powder Pink and Fresh Fig. Each rhino was stamped in the same colour ink as DSP and then watercoloured a little with an aqua painter.
 
And my final set - using Blends to colour. Background on left is stamped, and the oval was Brusho on shimmering White carstock. Greeting is Congratulations Graduate, in Pool Party and clear embossed.
Balloons are highlighted differently with the color lifter Stampin' Blend. The left uses comma strokes, and the right sort of square shapes but shaped as if on a curve. 


Thanks Stampin' Up for this fantastic opportunity - I was able to use all the goodies in the mystery box and happily not too many retiring items, something we don't know when we are given the chance to create. I loved the challenge and I hope you feel inspired. Please now venture over to Western Australian and Kristel Rimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment