Tuesday 15 May 2018

Kelly's Stamping Friends Birthday Blog Hop


Happy Birthday to the amazing and inspiring Kelly Kent from Western Australia! What a fabulous way to celebrate a birthday - with a global blog hop (actually this is the first of two hops) with friends of Kelly who share the mutual interest of papercraft and/or Stampin' Up!.  Hope you have plenty of reasons to smile today Kelly - hugs and best wishes xx

This is the birthday card I created for the occasion:


Unfortunately the lovely Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP will not be available for much longer, but it suited what I was looking for, bright, vibrant and fun! The greeting (Label Me Pretty) is not retiring as I thought it was, (I must have been looking at the bundle which of course, will retire as a bundle but the separate items are still available - thanks Tina for the correction). and it worked well with my DSP. I inked it in Old Olive and coloured with Stampin' Blends then punched with the Pretty Label punch and adhered it over Silver Foil rose embossed leaves, (a sneak peek of a new set with co-ordinating dies), and an Old Olive Petals and More Thinlit diecut. 



I couldn't resist thinking of the two lovely young ladies in the Kent house, surely they are critter lovers so there are some fun aspects for them to enjoy inside - with credit to  the Hedgehugs stamp set. First up, a little Rich Razzleberry hedgehog masked off to look like she's standing on the tree stump.


And next the bird and branch are direct to stamp colouring with Stampin' markers. The greeting also in Rich Razzleberry; "Today is special - just like You!", how appropriate. 


This is known as a Four Fold card. I know you will find a lot of tutorials online if you are looking to create something like this. I taught this to a group of ladies late last year, and when researching a pattern, the versions I saw weren't quite what I was after, so I adapted my card to get two from one sheet of 12x12, plus an A5 sheet of card to provide the add on pieces for the front.  

I actually made two of these cards, and the other was turned into a special Mother's Day card for my lovely Mum xx.


Please continue your hopping journey with a visit to another of our CASEing the Catty team members - Monique:

If you get lost along the way, here's a full list of Participants for Hop A:
  1. Kelly Kent
  2. Lou Kitzelman
  3. Jenny Hall
  4. Denita Wright-Smee
  5. Jackie Aitken
  6. Narelle Simm
  7. Sandra Collett
  8. Monique Fielder
  9. Nicole Wilson
  10. Siobhan Fitzsimmons
  11. Jenny Hayward
  12. Kathryn Mangelsdorf
  13. Josie Dean
  14. Peta Stephen
  15. Kristel Rimmer
  16. Kim Oliver
  17. Denise Buetler
  18. Jacqui Crouch
  19. Tina Gillespie
  20. Jan McQueen
If you want even more inspiration, check out Hop B, starting with Kelly Kent.

No comments:

Post a Comment