Sunday 7 January 2018

CASEing the Catty - #CTC160 Picture Perfect Party


We're back for the new year and CASEing from the brand new catalogue which went live this week.  


I liked the simplicity of the card on the left at the top of page 6, and pretty much followed the layout to the letter except for the position of the sequins.  


Because I'm still restricted in my mobility, I chose to dive into that stash we all have - you know the one, the diecuts you made and didn't use but couldn't bear to dispose of??!!  I managed to find two pieces that worked just right for what I wanted. The blushing bride piece which used the Stitched Shapes framelits, and a cute little jar stamped on Whisper white. The goldfish was added first in Peekaboo Peach, then masked to put the Old Olive foliage in. Oops, I realised he needed water! I used the Pool Party Blend marker and got a nice light colouring which was just what I wanted. I tied linen thread a couple of times around the jar, and used mini sequins for some air bubbles. The jar was mounted with dimensionals.

I have used Rich Razzleberry for my background and the DSP is Tutti-frutti (found on pg 29). Funny enough it is what the cased project used, only in a different colour. I chose it because it worked with the diecut I had. Isn't that greeting so appropriate as we welcome in 2018? - Well Hello There!  Unfortunately not a stamp, but from the Sale-a-bration item - Sweet Soiree Memories & More Card Pack. I trimmed it to fit and then used the offcut to trim another piece of the same height for the right hand side to make it look like it was one piece.



Thanks for stopping by - please head over and see what the lovely Julia has created this time... then feel free to play along!


No comments:

Post a Comment