Friday 10 March 2017

Significant Age Birthday Card

Sitting there chatting with my husband and mentioned the next day being his Mother's birthday, when he dropped in "and she's 75"! My panic-meter went off and I knew the birthday card I had thought I would use wasn't going to cut the mustard. I got up yesterday morning and decided to grab out the challenge colours from Colour INKspiration #CI05 (Blushing Bride, Soft Sky and Sahara Sand), and as she has a little bird, I also grabbed the Best Birds stamp set and told myself that was it - not to go getting any other ideas!

And here is the card I came up.  I took a piece of Whisper White card stock, slapped my 3 challenge ink pads directly onto the cardstock and then spritzed until the harsh edges started to soften and the colour moved. I had to speed up the drying with the heat gun. Next I diecut 75 from the Large Numbers framelits, and one of the Birds and Blooms thinlits for the main image.  The card is 6x6" and the base is Blushing Bride, then a mat of Sahara Sand with Soft Sky as the top layer. To soften the top layer, I stamped with Sahara Sand images from the Best Birds.  The mesh in the middle was stamped off to give more depth to the edge images. Leaves were stamped in Sahara Sand onto same colour cardstock and diecut, along with a circle frame from Stitched Shapes framelits.  I then cut flowers from scraps of the coloured piece of Whisper White, Soft Sky and Blushing Bride using the Bloomin' Heart thinlits. Finished with pearls, linen thread bow and Wink of Stella, although it didn't show up in the photo - which I apologise for, the day turned a bit hectic and my distraction meant a rushed picture before it was given away.


I used the new Reverse Words from the Sale-a-bration set for the inside in Soft Sky, and the greeting from Best Birds, along with another little Birds & Blooms image in Soft Sky...


No comments:

Post a Comment