Monday 6 March 2017

Bumblees Galore

You know I love them! Bumblees! When the Global Design Project #GDP076 chose to case Kylie Bertucci this week, I had an idea of what I'd like to do, but didn't have a chance to sit and do it until now.

I die cut bumblebees from Basic Black with the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, then adhered them to body size pieces of Crushed Curry. I recreated the same Basic Black discard with Delightful Dijon and embossed with the Hexagons Dynamic TIEF.  This was adhered to a slightly wider piece of Whisper White and the bumblebees were placed in position. The greeting is from Best Birds and I used the Stitched Shapes framelits to diecut, you just need to shift it for a 2nd cut to create the rectangle shape.  Keep reading after the first photo to see what else I did - told you I hate to waste!



I already had the Basic Black scrap which the bumblees had been cut from, and adhered it to a piece of Whisper White.  I then used the bumblebee image from Dragonfly Dreams to fill in the gaps before colouring with the new Watercolor Pencils. Thanks to Paula Dobson, for the colouring idea - loved how you shaded yours and it does make them appear more fluffy, making them pop!  



I like them both, but can't decide which I like best!  

But wait there's more... Remember the Sunburst birthday cards from my last post? I showed how I had stamped before I diecut the butterfly.  Check out what I did with the 'waste' piece of card:



I was happy to use a few pieces on this card that would likely have been in the bin.  Hope it leaves you feeling inspired to have a play with your scraps too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment