Tuesday 21 March 2017

Happy 5th Birthday Lillian!

We are not very good at sending cards to our extended family, but when I learned someone was starting school, I decided a special card was in order. Although it was a little late, I hope she enjoyed receiving this card.  It started off being a quick and easy card, but things got added as I went along!  Hard to tell what is going on, but it is a shaker card.  And as I do - created it the hard way!  

My intention was to upcycle the foam left over after mounting my Reverse Words. I stamped Hooray in Melon Mambo onto my Thick Whisper White card base - then added the foam after removing the red rubber from it.  Popped in some sequins and added the acetate to hold my sequins in place.  I stamped Bella on Whisper White and fussy cut around half of her so I could get the Stiched Shapes oval die under her to cut the oval, and the same idea from the Melon Mambo mat.  The 5 was cut from Melon Mambo and Basic Black and I like how it hovers over the edge.  I could see a little foam which I didn't want, so popped a few flowers around the edge and some birthday bling, and added 5 balloons instead of the 1 Bella usually has. I see now I forgot to add more strings, but I don't think she'll mind too much.


The inside has another Bella image and greeting:

No comments:

Post a Comment