01 09 10

Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Get Well Soon - International Blog Highlight



I am signed up to Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlight, where our projects get voted on, and the top ten get to be part of a blog hop. As you will see - the topic is "Get Well Soon" which I did struggle with for a while.  If you like what you see below, please vote for me "Sandra Collett".

The direction I started off on will perhaps become a project for another time, but has been used as the prop for my photo. The new Mini Egg Carton was spritzed with Rich Razzleberry reinker and water - #suchfun!.

I knew I wanted something bright and cherry as when you're a little under the weather you need something to lift your spirits. This project evolved in different directions as I went, but that's the great thing about crafting - doesn't always have to be fully planned when you begin.

I started with some vellum cardstock and heat embossed the words "Get Well" using the Layered Letters Alphabet and white embossing powder (which looks more like cream in the photo).  It didn't have the dimension I wanted so I reached for the Hexagons Dynamic TIEF (I think know this will get a lot of use from me) and embossed the vellum.  I couldn't decide what I wanted behind it after trying both plain cardstock and dsp. I ended up using the Rich Razzleberry ink pad and swiping colour across the back of the vellum.  While the ink was drying I cut mats from Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White cardstock.  Out of the top mat I cut a window and adhered this over my trimmed vellum. I reached for an old favourite - Petite Petals and created a bunch of flowers with the matching punch. I used the Bold Butterfly framelits and cut 3 butterflies which were stacked and slightly offset as I went - Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry and Vellum - of course  with a couple of rhinestones. The white layer had dimensionals added under it, although you can't tell from this angle.


On the inside I stamped "Soon" from the same alphabet set in Rich Razzleberry, along with some flowers in a couple of corners.  The butterfly was die cut from the scrap of hexagon embossed vellum - like the soft yet random effect.


The detailed photo shows how prior to adding the flowers I went around the embossed letters with a Rich Razzleberry marker (pen end). To complete the card Wink of Stella was used over the butterfly, letters and centre of the flowers. Thanks Kylie for inspiring me to find Mo and Jo!!