Monday 20 February 2017

Rose for a Friend

Talk about leaving things to the last minute!  Another colour INKspiration challenge card - #CI03 which finishes tonight.  Colours to use were:  Marina Mist, Peekaboo Peach, Soft Suede, Whisper White and Soft Sky.  

I made the background by using marker pens scribbled onto an acrylic block and spritzing with water - Soft Sky at the top, Marina Mist then Soft Suede, I lay a sprtized piece of Whisper White onto the block to pick up the colour.  The Rose Garden Thinlit cut out the rose in Peekaboo Peach and the leaves in Soft Suede.  Prior to sticking the rose on I decided I wanted some specks of Soft Suede and am rubbish at the flicking the end of your marker, so reverted to the now retired Colour Spritzing tool.  It made a lovely even and light spritz where my flicking often ends in blobs of colour.  I spritzed the top corner of the stamped image and curled it back to dry.  The greeting comes from Dragonfly Dreams Layered onto mat of Soft Sky and a card base of Marina Mist.

The background really does lend itself to a beach theme, but I'd already decided I was using the rose and this will be a great card ready to have on hand. When needed I can personalise, as the greeting lends itself to a number of follow on words.

No comments:

Post a Comment