Monday 14 November 2016

Swan Lake Sneak Peek

Yesterday I decided it was time I used the stamp set I won at Prize Patrol at #onstagelive as then you'd get a sneak peek of an item in the new occasions catalogue, and it would satisfy the colour challenge #gdp061 posted on the Global Design Project which used Sweet Sugarplum, Emerald Envy and Basic Black.

Then I looked out my window and was guilted into garden time. As always, by the time I get back to my project, the motivation has waned a little and the muscles ached a little more that anticipated!  Roll forward a few hours to a rude awakening with another massive earthquake and sleep was a distant memory. Once daylight arrived and all messages had been responded to the urge to go outside again departed and I knew it was time for some stamp therapy. My thoughts go out to those who have been affected by the lives lost earlier today.  Aftershocks are continuous, and we had a 6.4 while I typed this.

Possibly not a set I would have thought of getting initially, it is good to be challenged to make something out of your comfort zone.  This is a very clean and simple kind of card but the touch of colour is all it needed.  The swan is a stamp on its own, but I masked the cygnets so it fit nicely behind.  I couldn't decide which background colour I liked, so did one of each. Colouring was done with my aqua painter, and you won't see it in the photo but there is a flick of Wink of Stella here and there.


Hard to see that they are on black base cards, so here is a close of each:



No comments:

Post a Comment