Thursday 15 September 2016

Welcome to the World

Such a long time since I've made a baby card and I now have not one, but two little girls to make them for. I was going to make them a slightly different but when I completed the first one, I liked it enough to copy. I have seen the Baby Bear stamp used on this style card - (which I think is called a double Z fold card) - but this is my take of it.  The base is Blushing Bride.  The DSP is from a retired paper stack but the idea is great because you get four different patterns and you know they are going to work together. Baby Bear is triple stamped - my first layer onto Whisper White was Blushing Bride, then Crumb Cake and finished with Rich Razzleberry.  The bear really comes to life when that last layer goes on. The greetings are from the same Baby Bear set - "welcome to the world", and "to hug and to hold from this day forward".  I have cut the names out with the retired Little Letters Thinlits. The onesie and duck are from Something for Baby.  The bow is stamped from Holly Berry Happiness and punched out with the Holly Berry Builder punch - (yes it does line up with the stamp from Baby Bear as well), but instead of adding it to the bear, I chose to use the Blushing Bride Baker's Twine as it was a little softer looking.  The doily is also retired although a slighty smaller one is still available.  I think I will add another doily to the back to write my message on. The flower was die cut from Rich Razzleberry and finished off with a Blushing Bride enamel shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment