Sunday 13 February 2022

#CTC356 CASE Heart & Home Colours


CASE the Colours of the Heart & Home DSP on page 59 of the Mini Catalogue; Pale Papaya, Garden Green, Misty Moonlight, Fresh Freesia, Cinnamon Cider and Basic Gray. You can use as many or as few of the colours as you choose.

It's been raining quite heavy for the last 24 hours so a perfect day to craft. I decided I would do some colouring with the challenge this week and have used all the colours mentioned above.

My go to when I don't have a project in mind is to pick up the catalogue and flick through to see what I have and whether it might work. This had me landing on the Free As a Bird stamp set on Page 83 and felt guilty at it not having been inked in some time.

I used Shimmery White cardstock and Basic Gray ink. Because I was going to use my Water Painters, I have immediately covered the image with Clear Embossing Powder to adhere to the wet ink and then heat set it. This is because Basic Gray water based ink will often bleed as an outline so I wanted to be able to colour without having to worry about that. Cinnamon Cidcr branch, Garden Green leaves, Fresh Freesia flowers The birds were sort of outlined/shaded in Misty Moonlight and then I added a wash of Pale Papaya over the front of them. The beaks were a stronger colour of Pale Papaya. 

I've stamped a greeting from the same Free As a Bird stamp set in Basic Gray ink and adhered this panel to a mat of Misty Moonlight.

My card base is Fresh Freesia and the full front panel was embossed with Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder then added to the base with the coloured panel added on top.

Always hard to capture sparkle on a card but a different angle may give it to you when blown up

We look forward to seeing you play along this week. Post your project to our Facebook page using the link over on the right.

Next up we have our Queensland friend Rebecca:

1 comment:

  1. Those sweet birds are perfect for this CASE of the colours. Lovely card Sandra.

    ReplyDelete